View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 01:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Are UTI's a side effect of Lyrica? My gosh! Maybe that explains it! I've had one after another after another for over a year and I can't seem to get away from them. I've never had so many in my life! I'm on prednisone daily at a low dose for my neuropathy but I wouldn't think that would cause it when it didn't before. Unfortunate because the Lyrica works better for me than Neurontin in that I don't gain weight but what does the most good for me is Trileptal. I know that because if I miss a dose of that or am even late with it by a couple of hours, my feet light right up with burning. I feel like I could easily go off the Lyrica and not miss it, to be honest. Maybe I'll tell my neurologist that I want to discontinue it. Neurontin was horrible for me---my legs swelled up like stovepipes and my lungs got fluid in them. Won't touch that stuff again.

I'm taking huge amounts of cranberry capsules and drinking so much water that I feel like a sponge and I'm getting sick of water. Even with that, it's a constant battle with the UTI's. I never thought I'd say that because I like water better than anything else to drink. I've never liked soda or juices or milk that much.
Grizabella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote