Thread: Tysabri Talk
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2006, 09:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1942Linda View Post
OK, I give up Harry. I've never seen a post of yours not jumping all over big drug companies and how evil they are. well, just who is going to do all the work and how are they going to test the drugs and get them approved? you tell us the alternative.
Hey, wait a minute Linda...you obviously didn't read my previous post...

Quote:
And there are a lot of good drug companies out there.
Why is it that when someone points out the deficiencies of a drug company, it is calling them "evil"? There are good drug companies and "not so good" drug companies. I just happen to think that Biogen isn't in the "good" category and have given examples of why I have that opinion. Merck is another one that isn't on my favorite list because of how they hid the dangers of Vioxx and so is Parker Davis for how they deliberately and falsely misrepresented Neurontin. They did such a "snow job" on Neurontin that they are up on criminal charges for that fiasco.

I have nothing against a drug company developing a drug and bringing it to market...as long as they are ethical in how they do it. We know that not all of them are and usually they get caught and pay the price.

Quote:
.and here i am in the very argument I sought to avoid..
Why are you viewing this as an "argument"? We just happen to have a difference of opinion and are expressing our own views...geez, I'm not looking at this in a confrontational way at all.

Quote:
the other drugs failed me, i need this drug. i am informed and make that choice to take what the big evil drug company has as the newest treatment.
I am not in any way questioning your requirement to try Tysabri and have stated that. The drug is available and those who want to try it have the opportunity to do so as long as their doc follows the established rules. But the whole introduction of Tysabri could have been handled SO much better if Biogen had only followed the normal protocol. They didn't, rushed it, caused thousands of MS patients needless grief and are making its choice far more difficult now than was ever intended. That's why I don't have any respect for the company.

Harry
Harry Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote