View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 09:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Yes there is!

Wow! You have been too much! I am sorry to hear the IV IG didn't work, but I bet the plasma exchange will! Not fun but EFFECTIVE!

80 mgs of pred should also do the trick! Oh, what a feeling! I had more energy than I knew what to do with!

I think the 1st year back is always the hardest............trying to get everything back to normal, meds changing all the time, the "hurry up and wait" for the drs, all of it! I am on Paxil for my depression right now - my nurses highly recommended it when I went in for my 2nd exchange - it WORKS wonders!

THERE IS A LIGHT @ THE END OF THE TUNNEL! IT WILL GET BETTER!
Once you are regulated, you will feel great again!

I pray alot, and will include you in my prayers!

Hang in there, honey!
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneZ View Post
Hi, All! I will try to continue. Sorry about the first post. Blood work came back positive for Mg. Nuro. started me on 60mg.x4 mestinon, got so weak I could hardly get out of bed, had trouble breathing, feeling like a large weight on my chest all the time.I Also had a feeling of chocking all the time. Nuro said I was entering crisis, had 5 days of ivig at home. Did not get the expected results with ivig, still very weak and vision has not improved. I started on prednisone, going up to 80mg a day,also nuro mentioned plasma exchange if I continue to have breathing or chocking problems. Is there any light at the end of the tunnel?