Thread: Beauty Day
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 03:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Beauty day

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkrik View Post
I have one day set aside each week for what I call "beauty day." I usually set Friday aside as it is just before the weekend and I usually spend most of my weekend with DBF - hey, I need to look/feel good before hand. LOL

What I do on that day just depends on time and energy. Sometimes it's just doing my hair or nails. Other days, like today, it is a full on treatment.

Thought I would share today's treatment. Mind you, I live in an arid climate. Dry skin and hair are a constant for many of us and finding things that work is hard not to mention expensive. My budget doesn't allow for it so I started using olive oil.

Olive oil has such great benefits. I strengthens nails, softens cuticles, is awesome for you skin and hair. Well, today was olive oil day.

I started out with my hair as the conditioning process takes about an hour. I wet it down with warm water and massage olive oil in to the scalp and then the hair. I then wrap it in plastic wrap real tight to keep the warmth and moisture/oil on the hair. Then I use the blow dryer for a little extra heat, then wrap a towel around it and leave on for an hour.

Then I had read an article once about mixing sugar and olive oil to make a moisturizing face scrub. I decided to try that this morning. AWESOME!!! My face feels great. It feels plumb and young feeling. Whooooohooo!

I massaged the left over mixture on my feet and legs paying special attention to my feet. (Last week I put a tablespoon of olive oil in my Epsom Salt bath and the effects were outstanding. My skin was so soft and stayed that way for several days). This week I took it a notch by using the sugar/olive oil salt scrub. Divine!!! Soft and all the dry flakes are gone and it feels so good.

Nails are now done, clipped, filed, and polished. Shaving is done. Skin is soft. Hair is soft, shiny, and manageable. It may not be noticeable to others but it is to me and it feels good. That is all part of beauty - how you feel.

My mom once told me to always have at least 1 set of pretty bras and underwear. No one will see them but they will always make you feel pretty. She was so right on that one. The same holds true for my "beauty day." I feel like I went to a spa, only spent may be a $1.00, if that, in olive oil in stead of much more than I would have spend in a spa.
thanks a lot for this informations it is very useful and helpful to maintain our beauty.
jenniwood is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tkrik (05-11-2009)