View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 07:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default femeral nerve trapped

Hello all

I have been reading around the threads and have been struck by two things. Firstly the bravery and dignity of the members here facing very painful and often progresive neuro problems but also there appears to be a common complaint about the insensitivity of the medical profession when treating or dealing with people with these problems./

Having read a lot of the posts I dont feel my problem is so bad really. I was admitted to hospital after experiencing loss of power in my right leg and excrutiating pain. It took a long time to get the pain under control and I had MriS of spine/head/ct abdo and numerous blood tests. So far nothing. Seen by a very abrupt neuro doctor who, after examination has diagnosed femeral nerve neuropathy. I have a further mri booked to look at the hip phlexus to see if there is any obvious causative lesion.

I am taking gapapentin 1200mg with tramadol 100mg 4 times daily. I take paracetamol and dyhydrocodien for breakthrough pain.

I already have some power restored in my leg and walk with a stick though already I can walk unaided but obviously limp.

I am determined to not let this get on top of me and will be going back to work on Monday - just office stuff to see how I get on.

I am afraid of the pain attacks that I was requiring morphine for but so far it has been managable.

I just wondered if there was anyone else out there who has had this form of neuropathy and how it went.

I did read one very inspiring post and forgot who wrote it. From someone who has been on this board for four years and could not initially walk. This person now walks and does yoga - I wish I could remember your name because your post brightened me up so much.

Hello and good luck to all.

Byron
x
byron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (05-09-2009)