View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 09:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Hi atltom,

So how long have you been on the supplements? Notice any changes?

Do you use any other drugs? Like for blood pressure, heart, or other long term condition?

What is the name of the multivit you use? 25mg of pyridoxine is unusual in a multi. Is it a B-complex?

Compression damage may be healed when the compression is released. The only thing missing from your list is fish oil, which helps with remyelination of damaged neurons.
MrsD,

I have been taking this same qty of supplements for at least 8 yrs. The multi-vit is "Hi Energy Multi for Men" a daily complex by futurebiotics from Iherb. Just realized that I only take 2 of these each day which reduces the pyridoxine to 16mg, the folic acid to 330 mcg and the cyanocobalamin to 66. All of my supplements are from iherb with brand names of doctor's best, source naturals and natural factors. And like I said, this was keeping everything as well as can be expected until the latest flare-up. If I recall correctly, when my B12 was checked years ago, it was around 400.

I also use 200mg of celebrex daily for arthritic knees which will need to be replaced within the next few years. Also take 50 mg of zoloft, 40mg of protonix and 1500mg Glucosamine/200 mg Chondroitin. Also use Astelin and Flonase for sinus condition.

I also get excruciating trigger points in my neck/back which have to be injected at least every 6 weeks. Been told the Fibromyalgea (sp?) is the culprit?

I have always complained to my pain doctor that almost every time my low back gets bad, my feet and the PN gets worse. I have had 3 MRI'S of the low back over the years but none of them indicate any compression, at least that is what I have been told. I had a discogram done 6 years ago that indicated the discs at L3/L4 and L5/S1 were responsible for my back pain. The latest MRI done in 2006 indicates rudimentary disc at L5/S1 and degenerative disc disease at L4/L5 with disc space narrowing and disc herniation posteriorly on the left entering the left neural foramen with mass effect on the exiting nerve root. Mild to moderate foraminal narrowing is present on the right. There is mild to moderate central stenosis also. Does the above sentence that says "mass effect on the exiting nerve root" indicate some compression??

One other thing which may be very important is that I hurt my back about 35 years ago but with exercise it never bothered me until the latest incident 12 years ago. However, since the initial injury, I have always had to sit on special cushions with a section cut out so that nothing touched the tailbone area. It has always given me troulble but no one could ever explain why.

Sorry to go on and on but I just wanted you to have all of the history. Thanks.
atltom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote