Thread: Medications
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 08:56 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Great Point Michelle!

My doc has me "call in" instead of seeing him every month, as I did for SOOO many years, now I call in a "Med Check", one of his secretaries asks me a series of questions, if all is OK, they mail the "Script" for my Methadone, to my pharmacy, using "Certified, Return Receipt Mail" USPS.
So, I see him once, then call in twice, then start over.
That takes care of 3 Months.
It's working well. (I do of course, pay for the call in's, but it's very reasonable). My Doctor is the Best!

And, I'd recomend setting something like that up for anyone who's prescribing Doctor is willing, if they need to go away, or something.

You're right,
Methadone is not a "refillable" script.

p
asb

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelles View Post
wow i thought my dad was on alot of methodone he used to take 80mg of methadone a day where i live they will only script for 30mg a day that is 10mg 3 times a day. methadone is a script that can not be called in or transferd you have to have the script in hand and he lives in california and when he would come out to idaho to visit me it was hell for him to find a dr that would give him his normal script... they would always want to short him. i couldnt imagine what it would be for him to come out here and ask for 10 four times a day.. i have to ask? can you ever go on vacation longer than 3 weeks because of your meds? i needed my dad so much in this last year and it was so hard for him to get his meds here that he swithed from methadone to morphine. my dad is great .. he did say that the morphine was working great.
AintSoBad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote