View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 01:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question Breast Discomfort

I know that I am responding to quite an old thread but I hope that someone reads and responds.
I am experiencing many of the sypmtoms described by Little Mischief (with the possible exception of sensitivity to fabric.)
I have had a mammogram and seen a breast cancer surgeon twice in the last month who has said he can't detect signs of inflammatory breast cancer. He can't give an explanation for the tingling, prickly, sharp pains, dull ache, feeling of fullness etc in my right breast which I have been experiencing for quite a while now and just says that breast pains are a funny thing and come and go with no noticeable triggers. The discomfort (it's not really pain - just a really uncomfortable feeling) seems to move around the breast as well - one minute its at the top then the bottom, then about 2 inches above the breast!!!!!! (I am now starting to experience similar feelings in the left breast it's probably sympathy twinges!)
Whilst I am still concerned about the IBC thing I was wondering if anyone else on this forum had any definitive answers regarding possible breast shingles or some sort of neuropathy?
I am currently undergoing an intensive course of physiotherapy because the right side of my neck has been really painful and I have experienced pins and needles down the ourside of my right arm into the "pinky" finger. I am also expereincning a lot of discomfort in my right shoulder blade towards the bottom and across to my side.
I am extremely stressed due to work and financial commitments and the physio thinks that this could be playing a role in the problems I am experiencing.
I wonder if it's possible for pain from the neck region to be "referred" to the breast as well?
I trust someone will pick up this thread and answer.
P.S. I live in South Africa!
Lulubelle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote