View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 04:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile HI Becky!

Hi Becky! It WILL be great to have my PICC line pulled and not have have to make my weekly trek to the hosp to get it flushed/cleaned. They are so good to me there, but I hope I don't see that place for a looooooooong time!

I am already feeling the effects of the IV IG -was able to go to my hubby's show yesterday and did some shopping - it felt great, but as usual I overdid it and am paying for it today......It is just so hard to try and rest when I feel so good. I've already been chewed out by my neuro and will do my best....Lord knows I don't want to be back @ the Methodist!

It is so funny b/c I am so used to having my line that when I'm out in public and people stare I think "Dang, I must be looking gooooood today" until I realize that they are looking @ my line - not me! I laughed when I realized what they were staring @!

I cannot wait to be in remission and take less pills! It will be awesome! I just know it will happen! My neuro told me that people usually go into remission 1- 2 yrs after the thymus is removed - well, I've reached the 1 yr mark, so I a ready!

My hubby was able to get us a cruise on barter to Alaska. I am excited, but am also very nervous! I am not used to being that far away from Dr. I...........
To be honest I don't even know if I want to go..........I am scared. Does that makes me nuts? I mean I know I won;t get weak like I used to, but just the thought of getting that sick again makes me cry...........

Big, big hugs!
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ras1256 View Post
Yee Haw, Erin. Only one more IVIG treatment, huh? I'll bet that'll be a relief.

As for the bulging discs? Just another reason to veg! Hope the ice and heat work for you. Once you get them calmed down from this injury, if you ever feel the "twinge" again, get ice on it right away! I finally learned that, and it can make it better within one day if you catch it early that way.

I remember when I was on handsful of drugs - I had a night time pill box, a morning pill box (different color) then a noon time pill box - all loaded to the point I could barely close their lids! I was never even good at taking vitamins except when pregnant, so that was my big goal - to get the meds reduced. I did get down to just a couple of supplements for a year, so chin up - you'll get there too!

Enjoy your weekend - sounds great!

Love to you!
Becky