View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 07:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Post Hey Erin

I went on a cruise 2 years ago, but that was in the opposite direction. We went to Mexico and Jamaica. I have been sorta dxed for 6 years, just positive last year. So I just had the surgery on the 14th. But anyway my point was, lol, that as long as I did not do too much walking I was ok. But that is hard to do on a huge ship and when you go on an excursion. I think the climate change was pretty tough at first tho. So I hope you will have time to adjust to it. I was really really scared to go too. But it was such an awesome experience for me and my kids. And thank goodness everything went ok.

I am glad you get to lower your pred. That stuff is horror, but so necessary. Glad to hear you are feeling better!!! Hope it all works out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinhermes View Post
Hi Becky! It WILL be great to have my PICC line pulled and not have have to make my weekly trek to the hosp to get it flushed/cleaned. They are so good to me there, but I hope I don't see that place for a looooooooong time!

I am already feeling the effects of the IV IG -was able to go to my hubby's show yesterday and did some shopping - it felt great, but as usual I overdid it and am paying for it today......It is just so hard to try and rest when I feel so good. I've already been chewed out by my neuro and will do my best....Lord knows I don't want to be back @ the Methodist!

It is so funny b/c I am so used to having my line that when I'm out in public and people stare I think "Dang, I must be looking gooooood today" until I realize that they are looking @ my line - not me! I laughed when I realized what they were staring @!

I cannot wait to be in remission and take less pills! It will be awesome! I just know it will happen! My neuro told me that people usually go into remission 1- 2 yrs after the thymus is removed - well, I've reached the 1 yr mark, so I a ready!

My hubby was able to get us a cruise on barter to Alaska. I am excited, but am also very nervous! I am not used to being that far away from Dr. I...........
To be honest I don't even know if I want to go..........I am scared. Does that makes me nuts? I mean I know I won;t get weak like I used to, but just the thought of getting that sick again makes me cry...........

Big, big hugs!
Erin

momma3love is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote