View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 12:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy wondering what to do now

So, not all of you know my story although I feel close to many of you. I hurt myself sliding a 10yr old 250lb girl up in bed while I was working as a pediatric nurse. Initially we thought it was all pulled/torn muscles in my neck and shoulder....then the tingling in my left hand...the numbness...the color change. A lot of test and dx with rsd early in the process. Not long after finding this site it spread to my right arm. Now I have had another bonescan,mri, and emg. My left shoulder joint is very loose, I have a herniated disc in my back and the worse of all...after a week of hell was once again diagnosed with a spread.....ALL LIMBS. I think the sinking of hope is worse sometimes then the pain...or maybe the pain is the same. Any of you ever had so fast a spread? I used to be a runner....now my left leg is always swollen and both my feet turn purple. I had to fight with my pain doctor for recovery meds....good news he'll do another block...just one and I get to pick the limb. Since the last one only lasted 3 hrs I am not even looking forward to it. How do we all do it....how do we live our lives and not loose hope after it slowly takes over our lives....In less than a year I have gone from an active fun-loving 29year old nurse, step mother of 3, and sister/daughter to a 30 yr old woman in an 80 yr old body. I want to thank you all for being there for me so many times and with all my questions. I think this site has kept me sane. I have made some good friends who I know I will continue to keep close in my life as much as possible. I am just having a pity party right now....I was hoping to have a child of my own soon...now I don't see how that could be possible. I have spent years taking care of other people's children (both at work and at home) and I think this is what hurts the most. So for any Mom's out there....can you give me hope? I have put my life on hold for so long already...my wedding, having children....working. I am scared Jennelle
Jennelle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (05-11-2009), loretta (05-12-2009)