View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 01:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default know which med it is?

vicodin doesn't make me as sick now that I am so used to it but baclofen does...I take compazine. I used to take phenergan but it made me too sleepy. If you want a med that won't make you sleepy and can help with the side effect of constipation from a lot of your meds try Reglan. They give it in the hospital after surgery and to people with chronic nausea, also Zofran can help and not make you sleepy. An over the counter remedy is benadryl (what we call an anti-emetic) there is something about this antihistamine that helps with nausea. Another is ativan....way too potent used for seizures and anxiety but also now we give it to cancer patients for nausea. Of course check with your doctor before taking anything else (even the benadryl) as it can make you sleepy. Eat when you take your meds and space them out if you can to give your tummy a break and also to help see if just one of the meds but a combo is making things worse. Also try not to eat high fat/greasy spicy foods but bland ones and water....no pop unless it has gone flat. Peppermint tea is calming to the tummy and yes ginger...that is why ginger ale works...but let it go a little flat and sip it. The bubbles from pop can make nausea worse. Sorry if it this is long...it is the nurse in me.
Jennelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiehub View Post
It seems like all the pain meds and muscle relaxers upset my stomach big time. I started taking vicodin which I find helps my mood and pain but the stomachahce is just horrible- same thing with zanaflex, baclofen, etc.

Is there anything I can take that would help, I really dont want to give up the vicodin but its not worth the stomach troubles...

Thanks for any ideas and Happy Mothers Day!
Jennelle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (05-11-2009)