Thread: Dealing with MG
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 03:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Grin

Hi Erin and Brennan,

Thank you so much for the prompt replies!

Yes, I would love to change a new neuro as well, but am not sure where to go to as well. Have been reading up a lot on MG with the help of the Internet and am kind of wondering is it MG or is it not!

I'm currently not on any meds, as my neuro isn't keen on giving a diagnosis yet. All he says is we'll monitor, we'll monitor... He has done some strength tests by asking me to pull and push his hands away, but nothing on the eyes so far. My lids don't exactly droop, just find it extremely dry, and feels like theres a layer on top and frds just comment that i look tired. Did you have to go to an optometrist to do the eye test?

Yes, am trying to find a balance between going on and stopping to rest. When I first started having the symptoms, would struggle on and on then suddenly find myself needing 3-4 days of rest before I can move properly, though at a snail's pace.

Sometimes I feel that I'm imagining all the symptoms as there has been no diagnosis, thought I was going crazy. After all, havent really heard about anything that fluctuates like this. My family thought it was psychological too and that contributed to the "I'm going crazy thought.."

Just to check, on jaw weakness, how do u deal with it? Have read that its hard to close the jaw, but mine's more like tough to open wide, which seems to be rarely found in MG.
ConnieS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote