View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 09:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart ....you are loved

Life throws curve balls when we least expect. Be it Carrie as a teenager, Pete as a young adult, me in my late 40s...we all were "taken aback" by this culprit known as RSD( and most of us have tag along conditions..I have Fibromyalgia; depression/anxiety,etc.).

The coping skills that we have had to develop to learn to live with RSD, places each of us in a special club. Membership is not sought out; however, isn't it nice to know there is a place one can go and everyone knows your name? No, not the vintage tv show, Cheers, but the support blog/chat known as NT
NT, a place that not only knows your name,but also the issue (RSD) that makes each of us inter-connected in an intimate way.

I, for one, feel so blessed to have NT which creates an avenue so that I am able to reach out to each of you on this site..be it to give support or accept support. I know that I am not alone in this club, and at times, it is ONLY the members in this special club that can understand what I am feeling.

I know you are feeling overwhelmed and I want you to know that you are loved and support is always with you. I am here for you, anytime... just reach out.

Life unfolds in mysterious ways. RSD has made me aware how strong I am, even at my weakest point when the pain is controlling me vs. me controlling the pain. I get through those rough times and blogging in NT( asking questions and answering questions), is a coping avenue that has made a real difference in my life with RSD

Dew

A Positive Attitude Will Assist Me Toward An Active Life, Once Again

WC Injury 03/24/07;Two Right Knee Surgeries on 5/22/07 and 01/16/08. Surgeons and Physical Therapists ignored my concerns of burning pain, swelling, and no improvement and getting worse. Diagnosed RSD/CRPS I/Sympathetically Mediated Pain Syndrome/Chronic Pain on 06/2008 by family doc;on 08/2008 and 12/2008 diagnosis confirmed by two WC PM Doctors: Both legs;hips; hands; and spine effected by this culprit. SSDI granted 01/2009.
Dew58 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hopeful11 (05-15-2009), Jennelle (05-11-2009), loretta (05-12-2009), SandyRI (05-12-2009)