View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 09:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I had some lumps pop up in my legs and arms. My neuro said they were lypomas (fatty deposits - nothing at all to worry about), which I agree with on a couple of them. But the tender ones I don't think are lypomas. I had some larger ones on the outside of my thighs and they were symmetrical (same place on each leg). I never really had them checked out, but read something about some kind of bundle in the nerve pathways.

It will be interesting to see what your gp says - I may ask mine about it too tomorrow. That way we'll have 2 opinions! Thing is, the ones in my thighs seem to have gone away (?), so I'll have to see if I can find any now.

Depending on where they are located, they could be swollen lymph glands. It is a good idea to get them checked.

Good luck! Hope you get to feeling better soon. You certainly seem to be having a rough go with the meds! As far as your welts, do they hurt really bad? That would signal shingles to me. Shingles, by the way, are not necessarily contagious. You can't give shingles to anyone, but you can give someone who's not had the chicken pox a case of that if you have an outbreak of shingles, so until you know about the welts, you should be careful around children that haven't been vaccinated, pregnant women.

Good luck with all, and be sure to post your docs opinions on all this!

Becky
ras1256 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote