Thread: Is it Tarlov?
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 01:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick wall View Post
Hi
Did you receive any reply to the above. I am on a desperate search for relief from agonizing pain. Where did you read about scientists believing that tarlov cysts may be caused by the herpes simplex virus? I have been in excrutiating pain for months. I will not detail the medical journey here but it has been extensive and hopeless at this point. A tarlov cyst showed up on one of my MRI's and was on the S3 but "inconsequential". All of the symptoms noted for tarlov cysts are dead on for me. I have just had an extensive bout of shingles (6 weeks) As well I am very susceptible to very bad cold sores.
If anyone has further information on the herpes simplex connection could you please let me know.
Thanks
Hi there,

y message was a while back in February, in fact). My story is like yours, all the symptoms of Tarlov cyst are relative to me, as well, including the herpes simplex virus. I haven't had cold sores for years, but the virus stays in your system. I have been very fortunate to be directed to Dr. Tarlov, the grandson of the original Dr. Tarlov who is practicing at the Lahey Clinic in Burlington, MA. I have an appointment with him on July 20. In the meantime, I am biding my time and praying he will have the right answers for me. Gail
GAIL REEVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote