View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 03:27 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

When I was first diagnosed with RSD in my left leg in July 2007, my Pain Management Doctor admitted me into hospital so I was having PT all the time. If I wasn't having PT with the Pain Physical Therapists then I was having it with the ward PT's.

I was having PT daily in the hospital for about 3 weeks and then they decided to release me and I went to my local childrens hospital every 2 days for PT. It was getting way to stressful for us so the PTs eventually decided to lower it to once a week after a long period of time.

I now go to my local childrens hospital for PT once a week although I have to do exercises on a daily basis at home that I have been given by my PT's. It is stressful doing the exercises at home every day, but it is easier than having to go into hospital every few days as it is about an hour and half each way!!

I think it really depends on the indiviual and how severe the RSD is. I would speak to your doctor and see what he/she suggests. It's REALLY important that you keep moving as much as possible but on the other hand, you don't want to do too much and make yourself worse.

Take care and I hope the PT helps you!