View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 03:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Maybe you have some allergies

I have bowel issues....ever since I got my gall bladder out....used to go 7-10 times a day. Now that I am on all the meds I take I have the opposite problem. If you are having cramping....first check your diet....I had a actual allergy to milk (not just lactose intolerance). Plus you need to see if the meds are doing it.....almost all can cause some of these symptoms. If you are having diarrhea then try upping your fiber but try a mild form if diet doesn't work....miralax is good it may just help bulk it up we usually use it for constipation but you need a bulker too...also try benefiber...this one doesn't cause as much cramping and I promise you can't taste it if you let it sit long enough in liquid...or mix it in food. Also, hate to say it but stress could be your worst culprit...who doesn't have that right? Try getting some down-time with what ever you enjoy. I am a reader and a talker....try listening to calming music....I have an ipod with just calming songs on it. Lastly, don't rule out that you may have some GI problems on top of it all an may need to see a Gastroenterologist (GI) doctor that deals with mouth all the way through. Try and keep track when it is worse, is there anything that makes it better....flares it up? Keep a diet journal and try cutting out milk for at least a week....all milk products read lables....that is prob. what they would want you to try first. If you go all the time try immodium but be careful as it constipating and you don't want to go the other way. Pepto is still something I rely on. And that is your nursing lesson for the day!
Jennelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiehub View Post
Thanks for all your advice! I will ask the doctor- I don't have nausea- I get stomach cramping & lots of #2 (sry for the picture)
Jennelle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote