View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 05:49 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I have comcast phone/cable/internet.

Remember if you need to call 911 it doesnt work the same as the phone company line. You are using a VOIP or voice over internet protocol, which means it doesnt route directly to your local 911 operator, it goes to your cable company main switch board. PLEASE write down the full phone number for your local police/ambulance/fire dept, and tack them up near your phones.

I found the phone is horrible. I get dropped calls, and frequently MD offices will call to verify an appointment, and get another number, or told this one is out of service. I get echos, and bounce back sounds on this phone line. I have changed to new phones, and it didnt help. its cheap, and I am not going to complain too much. I would expect better service for the fancy lines it comes through.

The internet is blazing fast! downloading songs, MP3s or audio books is really fast. Photos, or packages go fast!

The cable Tv is better than sattelitte TV. When we had direct TV way out here in the boonies, on a cloudy day we lost signal, and were happy to switch over to cable. We have a high def box with HDMI set up so we have a crystal clear picture. well done comcast. well done.

Price is the most important peice. If you got a good deal, then celebrate! when your two years is up, you can always switch back to Verizon, and get the new customer price again. Play one company against the other. I told comcast I was going to switch if they didnt meet the other guys new customer prices, and they did!

Enjoy the speed! watch hulu.com or someother youtube type site and you will really see the difference.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (05-11-2009)