View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 08:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Mossimo,
Please listen to these gentlemen. You're too early in your life to do this to yourself. There have been many, many pro football (american style) players that have had to retire after 3 concussions. They were wearing helmets when they were hit. It is just to dangerous to allow yourself to be in a position where you are just naturally at higher risk.

My husband had a TBI one year ago. He had to wear a bicycle helmet for the first month at least. About 2 months after, as he was trying to get back to some activity, he bumped his head on something. I could see him regress with even a light bump. He gained ground back, then bumped his head lightly again. Again I could see him regress.

6 mos. or so after his initial injury he felt ready to resume some work. He owns a garage door repair company. His doctor advised him to wear a hard hat during work because even the impact of a screw hitting his head would be enough to cause further injury.

I hope we have all convinced you that soccer is not worth it, no matter how much you love the sport. Life throws enough head bumps at you as it is, and after so many concussions you are very, very vulnerable.

Please take care of yourself - especially your brain and your head!

Becky
ras1256 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote