View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 08:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Lots of rain here.

I had infusion #11 today and it was so infuriating! I don't want to go into the whole long story but suffice it to say that 1) my infusion started one hour late 2) I was forced to sit on a tiny couch because they "overbooked" (???) and there was no room for me in an infusion chair 3) I spent almost 5 hours in the infusion clinic 4) the usual clueless and unhygienic nurse messed up my infusion. I lost it at the beginning with the nurse and my husband lost it at the end. I rarely raise my voice or lose it in public but I was mad!!!!

One example of many: the nurse put on rubber gloves before a patient's IV (normal, right) but then put his hands in his pockets to fish out keys to open a cabinet and went on to use the same gloves to work on someone's IV! He also forgot to start my saline flush after the slowed down 90 minute infusion. Then he remembered much later (but I wasn't sure what was going on...I kept asking questions and he was dismissive).

I don't trust this place anymore. I think I have to go somewhere else even though it will probably cost me much more. Just so everyone knows, I reported this clinic to Biogen months ago for not asking the 4 questions or following protocol. Biogen sent me a personal letter telling me the clinic had to go through TOUCH retraining again. But the MS infusion clinic still is ridiculously screwed up.

In addition, my neuro apparently wants to do a Tysabri antibody test again (I got the order today by paper) since I may have had some mild optic neuritis a few weeks ago...I think in conjunction with feeling somewhat crappy after the infusions it is probably a good idea. Of course I am speculating this is the reason why. But now I am extremely worried. I have to wait 2 weeks before I go in to get the blood drawn (not sure why the nurse told me this) and then of course 2 weeks to get the results.

It has been a long frustrating day.
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (05-11-2009), Riverwild (05-11-2009)