View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 03:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello Rachel

Amanda is 13 years old. She has been sick for at least the last 3 years.
Her surgery went well. The first four days without headache, but since then headache every day. We are anxious if the headache is because of a leak after the surgery, but the doctor doesn't think so.
Her bladder problems were better the first 2 weeks after the surgery, but now she have problems emptying her bladder again (
She is still in pain, but less than the first weeks.
She is depressed right now, she says : "Why should I go through this surgery, it didn't help at all"... yes we cross our fingers that time will make things better, but we fear that a new cyst already has returned.
She is going for the next MR scan in two months, but if her headache continues and her bladder problems also gets worse, then we will insist that she will have a MR scan soon.
She also mentioned that she have pain in her left bottom (never had before) like you. I'm sorry to hear that you are in so much pain.
Good luck when you shall meet your neurosurgeon...
Lots of greetings
Gitte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooze View Post
Hi Gitte,

Thank you for your message. How is Amanda doing following surgery? Was it successful? What age is Amanda?

I dont know yet how they are going to deal with my cyst, I go to see a neurosurgeon on 3rd June in hope he has done his research and knows what to do.

I currently have a swollen abdominal area as it is taking up the entire area! Get lower back pain, problems with both bladder and bowel, and get pain in left bottom at time when sitting in certain positions or on certain seats. The nerves to the left leg are slightly affected but dont ordinarily affect me.

Please let me know how Amandas surgery went.

Regards
Rachel
gitte is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote