View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 10:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennelle View Post
I am new to the rsd in my legs and am trying to figure out how best to get along. I know with my arms i have compression bandages that initially hurt like heck but have decreased the hypersensitivity to my arms...unfortunately they don't go over my hands so those are hypersensitive. I know usually we try to wear loose clothing because it hurts but the compression bandages for my arms keeps some of the swelling down and help with the hypersensitivity.
As to my legs....I have been waking up and they are so still that it hurts to move...is this normal with rsd? It takes me awhile to get out of bed....any ideas as to if I should elevate my legs at night? Once I had my legs bent up when I fell asleep on the couch and it took 10 min. to get it straight again. So, I have some ted hose, it is like the compression bandages for my arms....should I start wearing them? Any of you with rsd in your legs give me the down low on what you do. I am still working out what to do with the arms but I think that the legs are a whole new ball game.
Lots of positive thoughts out to you all....hope you are having low pain days!
Jennelle

Jennelle,

Whatever you do, don't use compression bandages or ted hose.

What does your doctor say about this? I have never seen a doctor prescribe this kind of "treatment" for RSD.

This has me worried.
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote