View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 12:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default In Response

Keeping a journal was mentioned. When I've been awakened with my swollen hands I've gotten my digital camera out and turned on the low light setting and taken photos of the swelling in my hands. I've taken the top and palm sides so that my Neuro could see just how swollen they really are. My hands are swollen bilaterally, it's not only my left or right, unilaterally. Does TOS only affect one side or is this something that can affect both? I've also taken videos of my trigger finger and pinky when it's not wanting to straighten and bend normally at the same time that I'm taking the other photos. I turn my hands on the sides so that he can see the swelling from that angle too. I use the low density because it's a really great lighting to use and I can go right back to sleep if I've managed to get any sleep at all.
I tried to use the Lidoderm patches over my thumbs and wrists in the way that was described to use the Salonapas patches and on my right hand I'm feeling some relief this morning of the soreness that I had yesterday but it's numb. That is the thing that the Lidoderm does as far as any other medications in them, I don't think there are any. I know that the Salonapas has Capsacian in them and that is what gives the warming feeling and can create the redness if any that some experience. I have used it on my knees and feet a number of times, especially my knees! I lifted weights for a number of years and so it was my "friend" and I rollerskated as a form of exercise to keep my quads in shape because of chondromalacia.
Anyway, I'm going to call my Neuro's office yet again today to insist on a return phone call from my office visit to find out what his BIG PLAN is and if I do not get a phone call I am seeking the advice of another Neuro!!! I'm fed up waiting for his call and this is not the first time he has done this.
NaniKai56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote