Thread: thanks!
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 12:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile HI xmas!

Welcome xmas! I for one can tell when it is my MG, b/c I feel so WEAK that just getting off the sofa is a big deal, either that or I cannot see - eyes get blurry - so I just take some more meds and rest - let the meds do their thing!

I think a positive attitude is huge! Sure there are days when I miss being my old self and cry, but then I see others and realize how blessed and lucky I am and realize it could always be much, much worse......

Again, welcome! You are going to love it here!

Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmas 25 View Post
i am so thankful to have found this group! i've had double vision off and on for 5 yrs very rare in beg but came back in oct 08 in late afternoon and never left. i have other medical issuses that i blame the weakness on like having to lean on shopping cart, sit while making dinner, can't stand while others cook i need to sit,sit while drying hair and list goes on . started mestinon in march tapered up to 60 mgs tid have followup next week. i have been jugglling with adding extra dose occ. with a big difference instead of waiting till next week.yesterday i took 60 mg every 3 1/2 hrs all day. what a huge difference!! but how do you decide between mg,just tired or out of shape,too much meds? i was walking 1-2 miles a day and stopped when my dog dyed and i felt so good when i stopped in march!!! really miss my dog though yesterday i was able to just lay down for 20 mins in afternoon and just kept going. i was just puttering around doing cleaning that wasn't very physically tough. it was such a great feeling! i love seeing sooo many people with positive attitudes! i can't stand when people wallow in their illness. i know chronic illnesses add another layer of depression to our lives but i think you need to get "it" before it gets you. yes we have moments or days when it's all just too much.but get up get dressed,move as much as possible even if it's just sitting outside for 10 mins in the sun! 20 yrs ago i started with a host of serious illnesses and somedays i would just stand outside in 20 degree weather to change my scenery and get fresh air. at timess the kids and i played more board games and read,art projects when i could'nt walk or bike with them. so worry for 20 mins a day then get moving! so for the rambling but it is what it is. HAVE A GREAT DAY and thanks for sharing what you have learned with the rest of us!