View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 01:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Haven't posted in awhile. 6.5 months out from S1-L4 fusion. Back Pain all gone, seldom experience soreness, little bit stiff, but not as much as I originally expected! 6 month X-Rays conclude successful fusion. Dr. finally gave me physical Therapy and told me I could resume golfing!!! Hit the ball a couple of times on the range this week and wouldn't you know it straighter and further than prior to the surgery. Next day no pain, so I did it again and no pain. Dr. says I can play 18 June 1st. You better believe that I'll be the first one on the course that day. My recovery goal was to play golf this summer. I followed the doctors instructions as well as walked 3 miles a day and continued swimming .5 miles every other day. By the time I got to the doctor for my 6 month he was amazed at my progress and attributed much of my success to sticking to the walk/swim routine. He said he wished his other patients could all do the same thing. It hurt so bad when I started but every day and every step or stroke got a little more tolerable. I'm glad I forced myself to do it, if not most the time for my self esteem. The six month results were worth the pain. For those who recently had the surgery or are considering fusion this may sound impossible but I go through my day now without a thought of pain or the fact that I had surgery. I hope all of you get to this point....I'm happy.
EWSW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (05-28-2010)