View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 06:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default You sound like quite a gal!

Excerpt from Frogga's intro.: [But at the same time - I now have a life - which is something I never considered possible. I have friends, I go out, I try and be as "normal" as possible. I even went on holiday last summer with my friends. I will never stop hoping that there is a cure or some relief somewhere out there - but my life is not going to stop whilst I wait for it.]

Wow Frogga, that is some story. I read every word: it's poignant, and you tell it so eloquently. You must be a very strong girl. I don't know that I was ever that strong, but certainly I know I wasn't at age 21. You are special.

Please keep telling your story. It speaks of horrible pain, but of hope for having a life despite the pain. That is what I strive for, and try to speak about. I too have RSD, have had it for 15 years. I have started a blog (I know, so has everyone else) to try to help people who haven't found the peace in their pain that you have. Not to say we're Pollyannas, I'm sure you have your bad days, I know I do, but we try to move forward anyway. That's what it's all about (and good for your mum for instilling that in you), moving forward - even if you take baby steps, keep moving forward. Or else you get stuck looking backwards at all the things that you CAN'T do, instead of focusing on what you CAN do.

Anyway, I'm very impressed.**. I SO want to help even just one person not sink into the depression that I did.

I hope to hear from you,

Judy
Judy L is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (06-09-2009)