Thread: coconut oil
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 08:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoconutOilGuy View Post
I agree Nik-key! We should all take these matters with a grain of salt. Based on your post, I have a feeling that you really don't know much about the health benefits of coconut oil, let alone it's wonderful effect on Alzheimer's.

One explanation is because coconut oil's unique fatty acid content (medium chain fatty acids - MCFA) can feed your cells, including brain cells of course, even without the aid of insulin. Obviously, cells properly fed won't starve to death, enabling Alzheimer's disease sufferers, for one, to live normal lives.

There's so much more coconut oil can do.

Cheers,
CoconutOilGuy
I am trying to find a nice way to reply to this... honestly I am. I am losing my husband to Alzheimer's. So please understand my reply is coming from a heart filled with pain and saddness. There is NOTHING that "can enable an Alzheimer's sufferer to live a normal life" Nothing.

Alzheimer's is not just a memory issue. It is a disease of total brain destruction. I would and have tried anything and everything with any promise of slowing down this horrid disease. Even at max dose of coconut oil, he is now down to 95 pounds .......sigh

More Than One Soul Dies In A Suicide

Nik-key is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (05-21-2009), Lara (05-19-2009), Twinkletoes (05-28-2009)