View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 10:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi all,

I did 80% of my holiday shopping last night. I went online and in 90 minutes I had purchased most of what I need for my very large family. All that is left to do is get a few gift cards, find something for my gram, and hubby has to do more shopping for his parents... but I don't worry about what hubby has to do for his parents because this year I told him it's not my problem.

Wendy - my hubby is a weekend computer hog too... we recently bought a Dell laptop for me so I can get online when he is home and hogging the PC. We got a bottom of the barrel cheapest laptop available from Dell ($400) and it works perfectly for visiting forums, emailing, and the games I play. It does not work for the games he plays which was the whole point of getting a cheap laptop for myself. We found the cheap laptop in the "student" area of the Dell site and hubby bought it for me as my very early christmas present (I think we got it in mid to late October).

I am in major denial about the holidays coming so soon. Even doing my shopping did not make me feel as if christmas will be here in a week. It feels like early November - probably because of the weather here in New England. It's December 18th, and it's almost 50 degrees outside. We have not gotten any real snow yet, just a few little dustings of snow that barely covered the grass and melted in 2 hours. It's not cold, there is no snow, so it does not feel like December, and I am having a very hard time getting in any type of holiday mood -- which is probably a good thing since my holiday mood tends to be stress and depression and anxiety and general unhappiness.