View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 10:41 AM
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member

Hi Billye,

Glad to hear you are back home safe and sound. Were your dogs delighted to see you???

I am happy to hear they found the h. pylori! Not happy you have it~ but happy they found that. It is also one of those things that can commonly be seen in tandem with gluten sensitivity~ another chicken-egg scenario about whether the gluten sensitivity happens because the gut is damaged by h. pylori, or whether gut damage from underlying gluten sensitivity predisposes one to succumb more easily to h. pylori. (or coincidental) http://jccglutenfree.googlepages.com...tritis&colitis

I know you said that you hadn't noticed any improvement on a gluten free diet, and my guess is that you didn't test positive for gluten related antibodies~ but what if a gf diet was slowly helping??? There continues to be new research on leaky gut and autoimmune disease...mostly research on zonulin levels/leaky gut....but one has to consider whether gut damage from any cause (gluten sensitivity, h. pylori, lyme disease, etc)..can lead to "food antigen related" autoimmune disease. This is still theoretical, but some of the new research coming in is supportive and worth watching, I think.

Quote:
There is, however, growing evidence that the loss of the intestinal barrier function typical of celiac disease could be responsible of the onset of other autoimmune disease. This concept implies that the autoimmune response can be theoretically stopped and perhaps reversed if the interplay between autoimmune predisposing genes and trigger(s) is prevented or eliminated by a prompt diagnosis and treatment.
Systemic autoimmune disorders in celiac disease. PMID: 17053448 Nov 2006
Pubmed link is broken (on pubmed!), but here it is on medscape (you need to register, but it's free):
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/547107

More on zonulin
I'm happy you will be clearing that h. pylori!

And, I'm glad you made it through the trip! What a journey. I bet it feels very good to be back home .

Cara

Last edited by jccgf; 12-18-2006 at 11:05 AM.
jccgf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote