View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 01:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I Bought The Salonpas

I bought the Salonpas today and I used two on the back of my left hand and two on my right forearm. I did some sweeping today on my patio and some gardening so my hand was sore and my forearm. My dog found some way underneath the fencing that I had put up to divide my patio for her and my gardens so I had to repair it and sweep the mess that she made. I also had to snip away at some cable ties that I used to stake up a plant that I had on the patio. It needed to be discarded and taken down because it had perished so it was just a busy day out on the garden and patio area. I was in desperate need of the Salonpas so I headed off to Target. I was surprised to see that they kept them behind the counter though. I didn't know why and I saw their store brand of patches beside the ICY HOT brand of patches. I wondered if it was a marketing strategy for the store! I had picked up three packages of the store brand before I noticed the Salonpas behind the counter! $4.95 store brand > $2.15 for the Salonpas! I think that says it all right there! I wanted to call the store manager and I still might tomorrow. When people are in pain they shouldn't be in some ways scammed like that!!! To me, the consumer it doesn't matter if it's a marketing strategy, that type of thing should be OUT ON THE SHELF right along with the other product unless there is a drug in there that is harmful and there is nothing in the patch that is. They have nothing more in them than the ICY HOT by comparison. I didn't really feel the warmth from the Salonpas patch but I think it was simply because I had worn the Lidoderm on my hand all night long and well into the morning, the full 12 hours. I'm just now getting some feeling back in the hand, even my palms stay numb and that's fine by me as much as I'm on my pc.
...had to pause for a sip after all of that!
I didn't mention that I am a Paralegal Grad. and I just do a lot of researching to keep up my skills so I'm a research mad dog on the pc. I am constantly looking things up for friends and family.

I need to go but I have been doing a lot of reading about TOS and I also saw where people with hypothyroid can have this, HMMMMM, there are sure a lot of things that cause this huh? Can't someone just have Carpal Tunnel and a trigger finger without TOS or do the two go "hand in hand"? My daughter told me I'm just getting "old people's syndrome"...a lot of years of doing stuff that ya just probably shouldn't have done! I told her that's like saying coulda shoulda woulda! She also said I do a lot of typing and have over the years and this is a prime example lol. Seriously if anyone has any other suggestions, please do let me know. I need to know all there is to know about TOS so I'll keep reading but I want to really thank everyone for their responses that they've given me! I so appreciate them more than you know!
NaniKai56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote