View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 06:30 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Daniella,

Most Drs. do blocks in a series. The more you get the better they do if they are going to work at all. I had 3 but was suppose to have 15. I had a panic attack on the 3rd one so bad that we decided to quit them but the 3 helped. My were for my upper half.

I had RSD 3 years before it was diagnosed so the theory that they have to be done within the first 6 months I feel is not right. I know of several around here that had blocks long after RSD and they helped.

We use to have an RSD group here and one of the girls had RSD for over 30 years and I talked her into going to see the Anesteolgist and she told me later it was like a miracle for her. They helped get her pain level way down.

I really think too it depends on the meds they use and the Dr. that does it. I have seen several PM drs. that didn't even offer them to me but when my hand surgeon suggested this Anesteolgist I went to him. I think they know more on how to do them. My opinion of PM Drs. are very low. It's just me but here in Co. we seem to have a lot of rejects.

I hope the blocks do give you the relief you need to feel better.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote