View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 11:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lconroy View Post
Hi Mike,
I really was having one of those nights. Thanks so very much. I have tried to write before to forgive me. I am not very good at this. My knowledge of posting and blogging is minimal. But I guess when you are in pain and have no one to turn to you learn quickly. I was really having a bad day/night and came across you site. Thanks. I try to hard not to read the very negative, not that I am taking away from people's pain or that they need support. I have a degree in psy and bereavement counseling/ hospice. But... when it comes to yourself it is very different. I have had my back problems for 5 years now since I have been 35. This last surgery L4-S1 fusion I am now post op 7.5 weeks and I guess I had expected to be "better" if you will. I tried the treadmill my 2 week post op. I am, like you a person who just am going crazy. My first surgery was a lami had a staph infection that took 8 months for them to diagnose that turned into osteomyoletis (7mn of IV vancomyocin) than crushed tailbone had to be removed, right hip torn labral repair all this due to a fall in my house. Look I just want somewhat of some encouragemet that I might live without pain if I walk my dogs and shop with my kid and try to have some family life that doesn't hold everyone else back around hear. Oh, we have to go home because Lisa can't make it today. Oh, Lisa is hurting we need to leave. I am tired of this quality of life for me and my family. So thank you Mike I needed some light at the end of this. I was crying tonight thinking what did I do this for if I am in more pain than before? I have no one that can give me a marker to let me know have far along I should be at this point. I try to walk and I don't know is it too much? My NS say's no PT at this point. PT, I can do those exercise's in my sleep anyway I've gone so many times. ESI I have had so many I have lost count. This is a long road that I would like to find an exit and get off and never get back on. Thanks for letting vent. Please all take care and have painfree days and restful nights.

Warmly,
Lisa
Hey Lisa, yeah the mental side of things to having an op like this is half of the battle, i remember one night lying in bed thinking to myself "what the heck have i done!!"...lol.."i have made things worse!" i was in so much pain , so i gave myself a slap in the face (yes i actually slapped myself...lol) and told myself that this isn't helping, its early days, just focus on the positive that things will get better from here, the surgeon said it was successful and it will be and i told myself i wouldn't think the worst again...give it a try, it's amazing how it not only changes how you feel towards the op ,but also how you feel emotionally and i also slept better to, i remember one time in the hospital i went for a short walk down the hallway as the hospital physio wanted me to, as i was creeping along using the wall as support, i got overtaken by a 90 year old man with a walker!...lol...so instead of freaking out about it and getting down, i just laughed at how funny the situation was, so look for the best, it pays to keep up beat...as for time lines, everyone heals at a different rate , so don't worry if its taking you longer than anyone else on here marker wise to get better, just listen to your own body and focus on your walks, one thing i would say is that i found walking outside instead of using a treadmill much better, one ,i got out of the house briefly and two, i got some nice fresh air, try it

take care
Mike
kiwimike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (05-28-2010)