View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 11:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cor8l View Post
Hi Mike,

I just read your success story on the same spinal fusion surgery I will be having on 3/12/09. I just turned 30. I'm extremely nervous and worried about the post-op pain and rehab. I've been dealing with the pain on and off since 2003. I had a microdiscectomy in 2003 and it didn't seem to help me completely. My biggest issue is prolonged sitting. I know with back problems, you'll never be 100% again. Perhaps it has a lot to do with my expectations. I do not get severe back pain right away when I sit. It just gradually sneaks up on my after 30-1 hour sitting and it's usually a dull achy pain. I'm not in my best shape now, but even when I was two years ago, I still had issues with sitting. The doc says it's probably the disc becoming weaker. I'm had a flare up recently that has made it difficult for me to walk. It actually is starting to slowiy get a bit better as my Surgery day nears. You were saying that even when you went into surgery, you felt fine, but you knew it was needed anyway. I'm just worried that it wasn't really needed, but I feel like i want to get my life back and not to have to baby my back forever.

Hope to hear back from you. Your post was really uplifting for me.

Marina
Yes it's true, i felt great on the day of the op. but i think i was running purely on adrenalin that day as i was soooooo nervous and scared, but i knew i had to do it and i don't regret it at all, i'm guessing by the date that you have had the op now, i hope you went through it and it would be cool to hear how your doing now ??...prolonged sitting was a big one with me to, for the same time line as well...but now i can sit or hours in a crappy chair and still feel great without anyone pain, ie i can stand up straight right away, without having to nurse myself upright because of the pain...those days are but a memory

Mike
kiwimike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (05-28-2010)