View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 12:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Update 13/5/09

Hey All

I didn't know this thread was still active, but i am so glad it is!, i wasn't getting any emails from it to say that i had msgs or that people had posted so i thought it was gone, but when i logged in i had lots of msgs!...so sorry for the delay in replies people... I wasn't going to reply to every post question on here i read but i couldn't help myself!...lol...there was so much support from people for others that i just had to join in on the fun. I never thought for a moment that this thread would become what it has, but it's so cool that people have been using it and helped by it, i hope it stays around for a while yet....as for me things are going great, i am now 2.5 years post op and feeling great (aside from rolling my ankle in a pothole 2 weeks ago...grrr!)...my back is feeling fine and i tackle just about any physical activity now with confidence (but not blatant stupidity, always know your limits...lol), ....i played football all season this year and also played 5-aside again with no back issues, although i do spend a good 10 minutes stretching my back alone warming it up, i am also still doing back exercises on a swiss ball which i feel has helped alot in re-building the cut muscles from the op (surgeon went in through the back). I still have no signs of stress cracks on the vertebrae either side of the fusion,so after hearing alot about that as far as i am concerned it is not an issue to date and should you look after yourself correctly hopefully it never will be, but i will keep you all informed should that change. All in all things are great and please if you have any worries or questions, msg me or post on here and i will try to reply.

keep the faith everyone
Mike
kiwimike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (05-28-2010)