View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 05:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default positive thoughts for you

I can't imagine what you are going through right now. I hope that the surgeries will help improve your life, however my docs won't let me get the surgeries I need because they said it will make my rsd worse....have any of them talked to you about this? Do you just have TOS? I hope having them done is succession will hopefully get them done and over and then you can have a better quality of life. I think the stimulator could be a good thing...talk to others who have them and get advice on it before you do it. All I know is that it works great for some and not others. As a nurse I know some doctors are "cut happy" because they see something they can fix and so they want to fix it NOW. Just remember that you have the right to pick and choose....if it is not life threatening to wait for some of these things than wait if that is what your gut tells you. You can also decide in what order (a lot of times) when you have them done. Maybe you should try the scs first and that may help you through your other surgeries. I just hope all goes well for you and your life is better....
positive thoughts your way,
Jennelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberry2277 View Post
I went to the doctor 2 days ago and found out that i have no been reduced to have 4 surgeries and i feel like i am losing it... I am not sure i can go through these surgeries... I am not prepared for all of this.. They want me first to go through another rib recession on left side for my TOS... OMG was the right side painful i don’t want to go through it again on the left... Shortly after that a breast reduction ... Man i am not even sure i want to do that I know they are large i am sitting at an 38 I right now... Yes i said a 38I... i know they are large.. but still... that is such a personal decision... Then they want to place a temporary stimulator in my upper neck and then a permanent one.. I am so nervous i just feel lost for words... they want all of this done asap.. again I am going through the thing where they can barley find a pulse on my left side i just I am so lost all i can do is cry.....

It also doesn’t help i don’t have a support system right now... ever since my house burned down my support system has gone to the crapper... I am sitting here all by my self with these huge life decisions to make... I just don’t know if any of these surgeries are worth my while... but they could change my life and make it much better its like a damned if i do damned if i don’t type of situation....

If you guess have any suggestions let me know... The doctor i seen i fully trust i am just really worried...

Hope you all have a pain free day and gentle hugs to all...
Jennelle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote