Thread: No Going Back
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 10:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

((Lara)) you are so sweet! Such a kind soul Please KNOW you are not being "too hard or blunt with me" What you are doing is sharing your thoughts with a friend in need. And this friend greatly appreciates your wisdom! I post here because I feel safe here.. And I truly do want to heal. I want to learn better coping skills, to learn from those who have traveled this road before me. I WANT your input, and greatly appreciate it

I stopped going to therapy for that very reason. It takes me awhile to get to the meat of what is bothering me, I would get to my breaking point and then the session was over. I was left trying to collect myself, shaking, stumbling, tear soaked face, trying to find my way out of the office. It was too much pain, with not enough help, so I stopped going.

I am aware of myself enough to know that watching my husband losing his long vicious battle to Alzheimer’s most assuredly is playing a role in how difficult my healing is coming. I am grieving two of the most important people in my life. I needed Dad to be here to help me through this, he promised he would be... I know this plays into my anger and abandonment issues.

I am learning so much about life, grief, strength and myself. It hurts, but I hold onto the hope that as with all bad things we must overcome, we will survive and come out better on the other side. Holding onto Hope

More Than One Soul Dies In A Suicide

Nik-key is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (05-14-2009), pono (05-15-2009)