View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 12:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Empathy...doh

Yep....me too. PD in right side but my left foot does its best to curl up and touch my knee.As we speak I am dealing with terrific pain ..worse at night but now creeping in during daytime.
My fingers too,are very stiff and painful as I type...in fact I am typing almost flat fingered and my left hand is curling quite badly.
SOLUTIONS;
Not a fat lot of use to you as I am not on meds for this dystonia yet...but won`t be long as it is soooooooooooo painful.
Meanwhile...when my husband is home,it only takes a couple of minutes of warm hands and a foot rub to ease it. Have you tried one of those little roller type foot massages or a foot spa. The latter takes a bit more effort to prepare so is perhaps best kept for a pre bedtime wind me down. The roller can be easily dropped to the floor and BINGO!!! I have found the condition responds to gentle manipulation. As with ordinary cramp...if it should strike mid shopping mall when neither of the above are at hand...find a cool floor...off with the shoes and press down toes first,heel off the floor for a few seconds.You might look like you are practising for Swan lake but what the heck...beats the Ministry of Funny Walks any day...

Good luck.x
steffi 001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote