Thread: Ice and RSD
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 01:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I, too, have had similar experiences to artist and the rest.

I had vicious rsd in an ankle/leg break. Pt very soon involved hot baths and a bucket of ice and water. My foot/leg looked horribly traumatized after and the pain escalated. I bailed out of there the day a fireman with two broken arms in for treatment raced across the room to yank me out of the tub as he saw that the temp had crept up to a malfunctioning high. He said that he had noticed that my foot/leg was getting worse over the course of a few days treatment.

Interestingly, as the years passed and I entered what i called a hot burning phase i found myself searching for cold tiled floors on which to stand for a few minutes. I also did moderate running of cool water then warm on my hands, always for only a round a min each time. I tried anything to soothe the pain. Moderate temps did seem to help.

I have on occasion used an ice pack for 5 min on a non rsd area of my body. That seemed to have no ill effects. But again, I have few non hurting areas so i am wary of it and rarely have done it.

I too find my tolerance is from 19 c to 25 c in temps .. too far below and pain shoots up, too far above 25 and the same happens.

Would that I could live in a temperate climate.

All the best everyone,
Ina
carousel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote