View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 01:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default What an interesting question..

and so very thought provoking.The replies are so helpful as it is something I really hadn`t considered until now. Indeed,according to my husband,I have a hard job managing walking a straight line during daylight,often starting on the same side of the road as him,but ending up on the other. YIKES. But I put that down to window shopping whilst I`m walking... I drift!!!
Someone said here that it was a Parkinson "thing" Do you reckon?My hubby trains for fire fighting,and has often described the disorientation that ensues during pitch black training.And he is as steady as a rock normally,very focussed and sure footed.I on the other hand still have nightmares from pinning the tail on the donkey blindfold as a kid at a party. My sense of balance is zilch..courtesy of middle ear problems but having said that I love the idea of training oneself to deal with heightening the senses in darkness...helpful for all sorts of situations.
Still...its made me feel better about myself. When one lightbulb blows in my cottage,the whole ruddy lot blows too and up until now I just thought I was a "nancy"...scared to budge in case of trippipng over dogs,humans,hoovers etc. NOW i know its commonplace,
Off to the graveyard to negotiate the headstones.

Brilliant questiion.Thanks.
steffi 001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote