View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 10:49 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Becky,
Thanks for the reply. Scotland is excellent! We've had beautiful weather all week - but it has been a little chilly. Our MG annual conference is this weekend so I'm looking forward to meeting some new folks with MG. I'll post some info on Sunday about how the conference went.

I am on steroids now (40mg every second day) I've been taking the steroids for a year and a half (was orginally taking 60mg daily). I also take azathioprine (150 mg daily). I've never had a cold sore, or any skin complaints to speak of (other than normal teenage acne). My dad has psoriasis. Not sure if this could be related but i recently had a smear and was found positive for HPV. The doctor thought it was probably because of my azathioprine (I freaked out a bit since I've been with the same partner for 12 years and couldn't figure out how this just happened). The doctor said most people carry the virus but never present the symptoms but appeared because my immune system was repressed.

Anyways, creams I've used: a clear gel for rosacea called Rose-X and a cream called daktacort. I've tried ozonol too and I've also used tar soap, and clinique cleanser. I'm really psycho about hygiene (a bit OCD really) and change my towels and face clothes daily. I have to wait until the 27th to see my doctor (I'm away on yet another school trip next week) but will ask for a culture then.

Thanks for your help!
~Kathy
Scots Kat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote