View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 03:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I read about Dr. Rhonda Voskuhl's preliminary estriol trials on another forum and set out to get me some. At present I've been taking 8 mg oral daily since October of 2007. I take progestin for ten days/month too. I was using Estriol in conjunction with Copaxone, but a switch to private insurance put a stop to the C.

My 2007 MRI showed numerous new lesions and definite progression of disability from 2006. My 2008 MRI showed "maybe one small new lesion" and symptomatic improvement.

I feel like Estriol has subdued the disease activity to the point that I am regaining lost function. My balance and tactile sensation are improved, and fatigue is not a problem. I still use a cane and my intention tremors annoy the heck out of me, but all in all I've seen significant improvement.

I get my Estriol from a compounding pharmacy. Insurance pays half, leaving me to pick up a tab of $60 per month.

The schools of thought are divided as to whether Estriol presents the same dangers as other estrogens, or if it actually protects the breasts and uterus. Evidence and emphatic opinion can be found for both sides.

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep
but I have promises to keep,
and miles to go before I sleep,
and miles to go before I sleep.
--Robert Frost
MizBarbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (05-14-2009), Desinie (05-29-2009), PolarExpress (05-14-2009), SallyC (05-14-2009), weeble (05-18-2009)