View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dllfo View Post
I found "Under Armour" athletic socks (Professional athletes are seen wearing this brand all the time, so it has to be good. Right?) Four pair for $17. I bought four pair that actually were my size and they fit when I got home.

Here is my question. They at 90% Polyester, 9% Nylon and 1% Spandex. Is that good? Is this as good as cotton? Maybe I should say, is it as healthy??

For socks, underwear, T Shirts, etc. --- do any of you know if these "combination's of fabrics" are good for our bodies? I still prefer cotton and am frankly disappointed to find these are artificial fibers.

I'm not sure about the combination of fabrics used in Under Armour but I know it's the only thing my son buys. He's a police officer and he wears the t-shirts under his uniform. He says they keep him cooler. He buys the boxer underwear, too. He also wears the t-shirts to workout in. They have a whole line of clothes....and I know they're not cheap 'cos I bought some for him for Christmas a couple of years ago.

I've always thought cotton was the most breathable fabric and the healthiest thing to wear. Maybe that's just for women.....I don't know!

I tend to like nylon underwear because it's easier to get jeans and slacks up and down.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote