View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 03:56 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I sighed big before starting typing lol.

They took mom this morning to have an..I don't know, echogram? They sedated her and put something down her throat to look at her heart and lungs for clots. She was in arrythmia?

After that they were going to shock her heart. But, while the heart doctor was looking he 'tickled' (he called it) the heart muscle. Really, just the scope pushing against the heart, and voila. The heart muscle went into a normal rhythm on it's own. He said he had seen that happen only a few times.

So she didn't have to get shocked. When she woke up, she said she felt much better.

They were more worried than I knew. He said she was in danger of cardiac arrest or stroke so it had to be done right away. and they don't know why but are guessing the stress of the surgery yesterday.

They are putting her on several medications including coumadin, some heart thing and some blood pressure thing and well that's really all I know.

I think I may have an alcoholic drink after work.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (05-14-2009), barbo (05-16-2009), Chemar (05-14-2009), DM (05-14-2009), Lara (05-14-2009), mrsD (05-14-2009), Nik-key (05-15-2009), SandyC (05-15-2009)