View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 05:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey there GD!

Good to hear from you again. I'm sure Annie will have some real pertinent info for you.
The first thing that comes to mind for me is to ask what you asked us. Any other reason the Striational Antibodies would come back positive?

I don't see any EMGs listed on your "resume of tests". There are EMG's, RNS (repetitive nerve stimulation) and SFEMG (single fiber EMG) that are fairly regularly done with MG. If you have a firm diagnosis, your neuro may not see a need for these at this time.

It's wonderful that you've been feeling good, even without the meds! But......

Don't be fooled. Remember that MG fluctuates and can go into spontaneous remission. I know mine started long before it slapped me down and MADE me pay attention. I can remember several instances over the years with extreme fatigue or my lid drooping (which it has never done since then! - go figure) where they just resolved themselves so I didn't bother to chase it. I'm sure many others had that same experience.

I'll let Annie take over, because she is much better versed at the tests and results and what next? things than I am.

Don't be such a stranger. I'm a worry-wort and get concerned when someone stays away too long! LOL

Big Hugs and good luck at the neuro's. Let us know all about it, OK?

Are you seeing the same neuro you had before? Or are you giving the other one a shot?