View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 06:11 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Thank you all very much, you are such good friends and support.

After it was all done I went back to work to get away from it and for those who know me, work is usually the last place I wanna go.

Yes, Mrs. D, she was in A-fib, that's exactly right. Ms. Koala messaged me about it and explained it more clearly and it's exactly what happened.

The heart doctor thought for sure that after the echo they would have to give her a 'shock' to her heart. Yes Ms. Alffe, lol, he called it tickled. And as I said, he has only seen that happen a few times.

They showed us the graphs of her heart from while they were doing the procedure. The graphs looked exactly like the ones on this web site. Before he 'tickled' her, her heart rhythm looked exactly like the chart on the bottom. Afterwards it looked exactly like the chart directly above it. http://www.a-fib.com/Overview.htm

Quote:
The American Heart Association states that A-Fib is a major cause of stroke, especially if you're older. It estimates that 15% of strokes come from untreated A-Fib. An A-Fib stroke is worse than other causes of stroke. 23% of A-Fib stroke patients die, and 44% suffer significant neurologic damage. This compares to only an 8% mortality rate from other causes of stroke.

There is also a danger of "silent" A-Fib strokes where stroke effects aren't evident but may appear like attention deficit, forgetfulness, and senile dementia. Silent A-Fib is very common. Up to 30% of A-Fib patients are unaware they have A-Fib.140 25% of those with A-Fib stroke had no prior diagnosis of A-Fib.
Good thing for any of us to know I guess.

And here I thought they were making much ado about nothing and that it was her anxiety taking over. Shame on me.

Thanks for letting me unload and in return you give me all this loving support.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (05-16-2009), Chemar (05-14-2009), Curious (05-14-2009), DM (05-15-2009), Koala77 (05-14-2009), Lara (05-14-2009), Nik-key (05-15-2009)