View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 11:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Hey Gdbyrd!

So great to hear from you again! I was worried about you! How is the family? Is your new little bundle of joy here yet?

I cannot think of any additional tests, but just wanted to add my 2 cents and say to PLEASE take good care of yourself! Your wife and kids need you, so if you start to feel weak or are having any problems, don't hesitate to call your Dr. ASAP!

Big, big hugs!
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdbyrd View Post
So I see my neuro in a few weeks and I was hoping to get some advice from you all on what to ask.

For the past two years every striational antibody test I've had done has been positive(the titers had been almost doubling for awhile). My last one earlier this year was negative. I have had two CT scans both showing reminiscent thymic tissue, no thymoma.

I had been taking mestinon regularly, but for the past month and a half I have not been taking it at all and I haven't noticed a change.

Striational Antibodies indicate thymoma, I know. But could there be any other reason for false positives? I have been doing really good the past few weeks and have been feeling pretty OK.

Is there anything you guys feel I should ask? Aside from blood work/CT's/and physical exams I haven't had any other tests done. Anything you would recommend?

Missed you all, I've been reading this forum almost daily but I haven't had much to contribute so I've been quite :P Hope you all are doing well!