View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 12:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dmom3005,

Hi Donna, first, let me say I am sorry you are having similar pain. And I am glad you are not falling down. Hope you never do.

I have seen a Podiatrist, they offered surgery for something or other. I am hoping to avoid that. But time will tell.

Physical Therapy? It is scheduled, but my muscles seem to be ok...more or less. I agree with you in that my first thought was that my muscles were too weak to hold the "bone structure" in place. But tests of my strength several months ago seemed to offer a different view. My muscles may be stronger than my skeletal system can handle.

I saw a Neurologist last week, he scheduled me back in for a 40 minute appointment to test me.

My balance is good. The reason I fall is that, at least part of the time, my feet/ankles/hips will not accept my weight for some reason. There is no warning, no advance notice, no tingling, no "shock" or anything. I can be walking just fine and when my foot moves out ahead of me, like it has a billion times before, it malfunctions. Frustrating.

But I am getting some good ideas.... thanks for your suggestions, you were right about several things, but Medicare moves slow. Thanks again....Dave