View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 01:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart ask your doc

Tell your doc what is happening and see if they have any samples to get you through. Also talk to the pharmacy, some have plans for certain meds that are only 4 dollars. Next maybe your regular insurance could help. CALL WORKERS COMP....maybe there is a glitch. Do you have a case manager...call him/her. As for the symptoms to expect, dizziness, sweating, feeling hot/cold, feeling like you have the flu. But this is VERY IMPORTANT....COMING OFF THIS WITH NO WEANING CAN CAUSE SEIZURES AND SWELLING IN YOUR BRAIN...DO NOT LET THIS GO....FIND A WAY TO GET SOME EVEN CALL EVERY ONE YOU CAN TO HELP EVEN FAMILY MEMBERS TO GET A LITTLE MONEY FROM EACH. IT IS DANGEROUS....TALK TO YOUR PHARMACIST AND LET THEM KNOW HOW LONG YOU HAVE BEEN ON IT AND THE WILL KNOW HOW SERIOUS THIS IS. THEY MAY WORK OUT A DEAL WITH YOU BUT GET IT IF YOU CAN. CALL YOUR DOC, IF THEY DON'T HAVE SAMPLES ASK IF THEY CAN CALL OTHERS (LIKE NEURO PLACES) AND SEE IF THEY DO. YOU CAN'T GO OFF COLD TURKEY IT IS DANGEROUS TO THE EXTREME!
I don't want to scare you but I don't want you to become injured or worse because of workers comp crap. Tell them at worker's comp that it is life threatening and let them know you need it asap...
hope this helps,
Jennelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_kathy View Post
I am really in a pickle and thought I would ask advice from this group. I have RSD/CRPS in my right arm do to an injury at work three years ago so my medical is being paid by Workers Comp Insurance. I just went to pick up my supply of Neurontin last night and I was told that the Workers Comp Insurance rejected the payment. I have been on 3600mg of Neurontin for three years now and I will be completely out of medication tomorrow.

I am terrified that something is going to happen while going through withdrawal tomorrow. Can anyone tell me what to expect and is there anything I can do to protect myself against harm or stroke?

Thanks in advance
Kathy
Jennelle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote