Thread: med tolerance
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 02:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart med tolerance

I have an extremely high tolerance to narcotics. My doc said he will not up my meds no matter what...I had to beg in tears about getting a rescue med. The reason for this is because 1: lots of medical problems within the last few years -gall bladder surgery, tonsil surgery, 3 back injuries, 2 neck injuries, endometriosis surgery, 2 surgeries on my stomach because I was having chronic stomach pain...and all of these I had to take narcs for. With the rsd I started out on vicodin 3 a day, then they upped it to the highest form of vicodin, then it was dilaudid, then methadone, now ms cotin, usually the morphine works well but now that I have spread to all limbs and have lower back herniated disc I am having problems. I have had to use the rescue med almost every day and he only gave me 10 days worth out of a month. Does anyone know how to decrease your med tolerance and still stay within a tolerable pain level plus not go insane? I am scared...where do I go from here. I have to wait for approval for a scs from worker's comp, and I have this pain clinic eval to do where they have already alluded to be being a drug addict. I worry that things will get worse, especially since I am just beginning with the rsd in my legs. Also, forgot to mention all the other meds like Elavil, neurotin, lyrica and such I can't take due to side effects...
Hope you are all doing well and having low pain days,
lots of positive thoughts your way,
Jennelle
Jennelle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (05-17-2009)